Easy Steps To Becoming A Real Estate Agent in Georgia
- Complete the required Georgia Background Check and Investigation/Background Clearance - If Applicable
- Complete the 75 Hour Salespersons Prelicense Course by an approved Real Estate School - Like us at 360 Training - Approved by the Georgia Real Estate Commission.
- After completion foo the required courses we will submit the certificates of completion of your Georgia Real Estate School Courses to Applied Measurement Professionals (AMP) which is where you will be taking your state exam.
- After submission of the certificates you will then be able to take the state exam at an AMP location near you.
- After passing the state exam you will be a licensed real estate agent in the state of Georgia. You will be on inactive status until you find a broker to sponsor you.
Simple Steps to Renew Your Real Estate License In Georgia
- See what MCE/Postlicense classes you have already completed and has been recorded at the Georgia Real Estate Commission (GREC) since your last renewal. (24 required hours of Continuing Education (CE) and 25 required hours of Post License or 1st Year Renewal).
Take Required Courses:
- CE Classes - Make sure not to repeat classes in the same renewal period.
- Post License/1st Year Renewal Classes - 1st Year Renewal Classes. Make sure not to repeat classes you took to obtain your initial license.
Renew your license online with the Georgia Real Estate Commission (GREC). Login to complete the renewal and pay your online renewal fee.
Effective January 1, 2012
The Georgia "Illegal Immigration Reform and Enforcement Act of 2011" requires all applicants for Real Estate licensure or Appraiser classification, and those applying for the first renewal after the effective date, of an existing license or classification, Appraisal Management Companies, Instructors, and School Directors to submit verification documents to the Georgia Real Estate Commission. Refer to the top of our home page for details. These documents must be submitted to GREC so that your record may be notated, or you will not be able to renew online.